Monday, January 25, 2010

Good Things


This week is already looking better than last week. 
Good things are happening, in spite of the still rainy eather.

My cousins, Aletha, Lesley, and Meghan, came up for a surprise visit this weekend. 
It was so nice to see them and spend time catching up. 
They are lucky my mom took most of the pictures or they would be seeing their beautiful faces here. 
(I was given strict instructions not to include their photos online.) 

We ran out of propane this weekend. 
Not running low...no, completely OUT (forgot to keep an eye on the gauge). 
This isn't really a good thing, but it turned out not to be so bad. 
After all, we still had electricity, and water, even if it was cold. 
The propane man came out first thing this morning to refill the tank
and was nice enough to relight the pilot lights for me. 
It is good to see there are still nice people in the world. 

Miss Laci rolled over this morning from tummy to back.  I totally missed it.  I put her on the floor with her toys, went to feed the dogs, and when I came back, she was laying on her back.  I knew she was getting close.  I'm sure my days of sitting still are numbered.  She also learned to spin in circles on her tummy this weekend.  She is just getting so busy and learning something new everyday.  She is figuring out how to reach for people, which makes for a fun game of "passing the baby."  She's also figuring out peek-a-boo and likes to hide her face in her blanket and then peek out.  The entertainment around here is very sophisiticated. 

This is her new eating position. 
Don't worry - she is strapped in. 
I can't feed her in the Bumbo chair anymore because she tries to dive out of it. 
I can't imagine how uncomfortable that must be with a strap digging into her stomach,
but it doesn't seem to bother her.

Here's to hoping for more good things this week.
A little sunshine would be nice.

1 comment:

  1. btw do you crochet flowers now, seriously :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!