Thursday, May 5, 2011

cutting a house in half and a picture of dirt

Big things are happening around here.  Big things like splitting apart our old home and moving it out of the way so that we can start moving dirt.  It didn't happen over the weekend as originally planned, but Tuesday brought me this.


It's sort of like looking into a doll house, with all the rooms missing their back wall.  Except life size, and not as cute.  The guys used this doo-hickey thing, which I'm sure has a more technical name than "doo-hickey thing", and (insert best white trash drawl here) done broke our house in half.


The good ole' double-wide was moved in halves to either side of my driveway as a sort of holding area, so that now when I look out the window, this is what I see.  Don't mind the glare on the glass, as I actually took this picture looking out my not-so-clean window, during the peak of sunlight, and the glare was unavoidable.  Plus, I think it's more realistic with the glare there.  Sometimes photo flaws really tell the story.


I can honestly say I don't mind the view.  I'm so glad it is out of the way so we can start working on pushing dirt to build a pad for the new house.  And look, a picture of the dirt, just for historical purposes.  Just a picture of dirt to you, but it means so much more to me.  To think that by this time next year, I'll (hopefully) be typing from that pile of dirt, except with a new house around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!