I'd like to confess that I like pulling weeds.
I know, crazy.
look like this:
Of course, with weeding come very sore muscles. Muscles you never even knew you had. Muscles that hurt only when you do weird things like bending down and ripping plants from the earth. When the weeding is done, the muscles go back into hibernation until next year when they are awakened again. I even find the sore muscle part of weeding to be satisfying in a way. To know that I still have muscles is a good thing, even if they are sorely out of shape.
Now you are probably thinking one of two things, or maybe both.
One: I am totally out of my mind to enjoy weeding.
You are probably right.
Two: You would like me to come weed your yard too.
Too bad, I only like to pull my own weeds.
I'm a snob like that.
These are my favorite weed pulling tools.
Yes, I even took pictures of my tools.
It really wouldn't be fair if I didn't give them the credit they deserve.
The pokey thing in the back (which has a name I'm sure, but I have no idea what it is) works great for stabbing weeds with stubborn roots. Yes, stabbing. Pulling weeds can get violent sometimes. Try it next time you need to work out some aggression. The forky thing in the front (which also has a name, a name that I know, but for some reason I can't think of it right now) has a weird looking knob on it. The weird looking knob part is VERY important. When I bought this thing at Home Depot a couple of years ago I had no idea what the knobby thing was for, but I quickly learned it provides leverage as you scratch away at the ground and makes the whole process much more efficient. Of course, if we're really talking about efficiency, pulling weeds by hand is probably not the way to go. I was kindly reminded of the effectiveness of Roundup, to which I scoffed, "Roundup is for wimps."
Pulling weeds by hand puts one in close contact with the likes of my friend here.
Pulling weeds by hand is not for the faint of heart.
This is where I've been pulling weeds.
Since I took this picture, I have now made it about halfway across, about to where the front steps are.
I'll let you know if I ever make it to the end.
Laci is in early weed pulling training.
At this point, though, she would rather taste the weeds than pull them.
Maybe she has the better idea.






I like the forky thing you got me that is like yours, and although I must say that the knobby thing is very usefull I apparently use it to vigorously since I broke off my middle fork...It was a very very tough weed.
ReplyDelete